Deadline: July 12, 2019
CAPITAL DISTRICT TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE (CDTC)
SENIOR TRANSPORTATION ENGINEER – Full-time position located in Albany
Transportation engineering experience, preferably some experience with infrastructure and operations planning, capital program management, and project management. Strong technical skills, writing skills, and presentation skills are important, as well as strong organizational skills. Demonstrated success in budgeting for and managing engineering tasks are required. CDTC’s work environment requires every staff member to display sound judgment and initiative in working with limited supervision. The individual selected will be expected to independently develop task work programs, conduct technical work, engage with stakeholders and the public, manage consultant assistance and complete successful engineering and planning efforts in a timely fashion.
Interested individuals should possess a Master’s degree in engineering, or related field and two years related experience/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must also have necessary educational requirements for eventual P.E. license.
• Undertakes large scale regional or sub-regional transportation studies with minimum supervision on an individual basis or as a team leader
• Supervise subordinate professional staff within assigned areas of responsibility
• Meet with Executive Director to review staff progress on current tasks and outline upcoming work assignments
• Prepare work programs (including scope of project, task outlines, staff and resource allocations and schedule) for proposed studies or work activities
• Responsible for development (under overall supervision of Executive Director) of one or more major CDTC planning elements such as TIP, RTP, UPWP, TSME, etc.; including maintenance and updating
• Represent CDTC at various public and technical meetings
• Prepare administrative reports as required by the Executive Director.
The Capital District Transportation Committee (CDTC) is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York, and the employees of the Capital District Transportation Committee are not state employees. However, CDTC employees do participate in the New York State and Local Retirement System, and do receive fringe benefits that are similar to state employees, including medical and dental insurance; and vacation, personal, and sick leave.
Salary range begins at $81,089.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Send cover letter and resume before July 12, 2019 to:
Capital District Transportation Committee
One Park Place
Albany, New York 12205